Potjiekos is another fine cooking method to come out of South Africa – a one-pot wonder that’s simple and wonderfully tasty. Grab your Potjie Pots with Lids here.
To prepare for cooking, the following steps are recommended:
- Wash out thoroughly with boiling water and scouring pad and dry over heat source
- Coat the inside with cooking oil(any) and use heat til oil begins to smoke.
- Wipe the inside clean using a paper towel. Repeat until towel wipes clean
- The potjie is now ready to use
- The more you use it, the better it becomes
- After each use wash, dry and coat inside with oil
- Store in dry place with absorbent paper inside
Serves 1 person - roughly 1ltr